Whether you want to deal with the symptoms and causes of stress, anxiety, depression, or just get back to ‘being yourself’, Embodied Living offers a unique approach. Sue Tupling, the founder of Embodied Living, is an experienced yoga teacher, psychotherapist, coach and trainer who is dedicated to helping others find joy and vitality after having embarked on her own personal journey of growth and worked through many of her own challenges in life. Download our leaflet here.
Psychotherapy goes beyond counselling – ultimately it is self therapy
Embodied Living therapy is not just talking about your problems it is a deeply supportive relationship which encourages growth, helps you heal ancient traumas, work through issues and share ideas. It provides a deep sense of connection, and enables you to reconnect with your own inner wisdom. A psychotherapist is both artist and healer, someone who has an innate talent for empathising, offering unconditional acceptance. What is the point of psychotherapy? It is to help you to gain the tools to help yourself to grow and heal. In Embodied Living therapy I teach you what I am doing in the therapy with you, so that you can take these tools yourself and render me irrelevant! We are often too close to our problems to find a way through; they are unconscious and hidden from us which is why they are still there. But a good psychotherapist helps you to learn self therapy – tools for transformation … for life!
Sue’s Embodied Living Therapy combines neuro-linguistic psychotherapy, somatic experiencing (SE), yoga, mindfulness, hypnotherapy and other modalities for lasting change from conditions such as :
With this multimodality therapy, you get an individual approach tailored to you, there is no ‘one size fits all’ (there cannot be – the human mind and body is so unique for each of us). And either total or substantial relief is achieved across a wide range of problems including chronic pain, IBS, tinnitus, teeth grinding, headaches, problems sleeping, back pain etc. From time to time we all need help. Embodied Living is a process of transformation which will bring you a greater degree of wellbeing and resilience.
How Embodied Living Therapy Works
If you have a problem that is stopping from living your life fully, please contact us to book your FREE initial consultation. You can contact us.
|2||This FREE initial consultation allows me to fully understand your needs and you to find out more about my approach.|
|3||Therapy sessions are tailored bespoke for your unique situation and needs.|
|4||You attend your first session at a time convenient to you. And you rebook a next session if you feel you need one. Sessions can also be done via phone (or Skype).|
|5||We provide you with FREE audio CDs, DVD videos and other resources to help you achieve effective progress in between sessions and beyond.|
A number of discounted or free sessions are available, for example for NHS referrals and for those on low incomes.
We also provide the following services:
- Corporate Wellbeing Programmes – we have worked with organisations to run taster sessions, courses and classes as well as produce online programmes for employee wellbeing and mental health in the workplace. We also offer our psychotherapy as EAP programmes.
- Yoga Therapy: Perhaps you would like a stronger, more flexible body free of pain? Our yoga therapy programme works specifically with you and your body to help you achieve desired outcomes.
- Transformational Coaching– Our programme is about helping you to embody a deep ‘felt sense’ of change so that you connect to yourself and your purpose in life on a deep level. We help you utilise significant life experiences – both positive and negative – to transform and create a very different and positive future.
- Yoga Classes – attending a regular yoga class is the best health insurance you can ever take out. I run three weekly classes.
- Yoga Workshops – drawing on the principles of Satyananda yoga to integrate physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing.
- Emotional Wellbeing our Emotional Wellbeing programme is an 8 week course, consisting of weekly 1.5 hour sessions combining psychoeducation with yoga therapy. Contact us for dates of this course which regularly runs in Stafford, Cannock and surrounding areas. This can also be run on site, inhouse in 2 days or four half days.
- Stress to Resilience – We turn stress management on its head with our 1 day ‘Mental Toughness’ course and our 2 day ‘Stress to Resilience’ course. Mental Toughness is a quality which determines how an individual manages stress and is a key factor in enabling individuals to maximise their health and wellbeing.