I’m Sue Tupling, the founder of Embodied Living, I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist, certified yoga teacher and a qualified therapeutic and executive coach. Within Staffordshire and the West Midlands Sue is one of a few psychotherapists registered with UKCP and Accredited by NLPtCA in Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy (a specialist form of NLP).
As a psychotherapist, I am a member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and an accredited member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA), which is the relevant professional body. This group is currently a member of the Experiential Constructivist Section of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), and individuals who meet the standards for accreditation become UKCP-Accredited Neurolinguistic Psychotherapists.
As a yoga teacher, I am BWY qualified (Yoga Academy) and a Satyananda certified yoga teacher. I have done over 500 hours of core training in gaining my teacher training diplomas. I studied buddhism from my early 20s find the path of soto zen and in my mid 30s found raja yoga. I have been initiated as a sanyassin (seeker) by Swami Niranjananda in Bihar, India. My spiritual name is Shraddhakiran. I taught yoga for 14 years and whilst I am no longer teaching classes. I incorporate elements of yoga into my therapeutic work.
My approach to yoga is informed by the classical system of Satyananda yoga and inspired by my own experience of the power of yoga and psychotherapy to change my life in a deep and transforming way. I often incorporate breathing practices,meditation, and yoga nidra, a deep relaxation technique aimed at relaxing both the body and the mind, into my work.
I want to make a difference by offering my expertise and services to provide maximum impact within Staffordshire, Shropshire, the West Midlands and beyond. I believe in social progress through individual change and in human potential. I want to give access to powerful therapeutic programmes to everyone including those who are less privileged, economically, socially or otherwise. I use any profits for this end, often providing free or discounted services and giving back to local charities. I believe that we all have a responsibility to our local community.
I was previously executive trustee of the International Stress Management Association and co-founder of the Coaching Foundation – West Midlands, and membership officer for the Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) (all voluntary roles).
I have had significant traumas and challenges in my own life, through which I have been able to learn and grow and in working through them, find a great deal of peace, joy and vitality. I have learnt that in working through our problems, we can truly grow and evolve into the best of what we can be.
Qualifications and Credentials
I have a postgraduate diploma in psychotherapy (masters level) and am a UKCP registered clinical psychotherapist. I have trained at Postgraduate level in neurolinguistic psychotherapy and completed additional trainings in Pesso Boyden system psychotherapy and couples therapy. I am committed to at least 50 hours CPD each year for my own personal development.
I am also a trained trainer of NLP, and so understand the principles and practice of good teaching.
- Couples/Relationship Therapist (COSRT)
- Trained in Pesso Boyden System Psychomotor Therapy (2018)
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist (reg. No. 2011165086)
- NLPtCA Accredited Psychotherapist
- Post Graduate Diploma in Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy (NLPt Dip) – 2013
- Certified Ericksonian Hypnotherapist – 2011
- Advanced Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (over 120 days NLP training) – 2011
- Accredited therapeutic coach (INLPTA) – 2005
- Qualified Yoga and Yoga nidra teacher (BWY Dip), (Yoga Academy/Satyananda accredited) – 2006
- Foundation course in Shiatsu and diploma in acupressure (SAC Dip) – 2010
- Accredited executive coach (Academy of Executive Coaching) – 2007
- Certified trainer of business-focused NLP (ANLP) – 2007
- NLP Certificate in Teaching Excellence (Society of NLP)
- MSc and BSc (Hons) degrees – Aston University (1991) and University of Aberdeen (1992)
- Member of the Neuro-linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA)