About Sue Tupling – psychotherapist, counsellor and yoga teacher
I’m Sue Tupling, the founder of Embodied Living, I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist, certified yoga teacher and a qualified therapeutic and executive coach.
As a psychotherapist, I am a member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and an accredited member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA), which is the relevant professional body. This group is currently a member of the Experiential Constructivist Section of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), and individuals who meet the standards for accreditation become UKCP-Accredited Neurolinguistic Psychotherapists.
As a yoga teacher, I am BWY qualified (Yoga Academy) and a Satyananda certified yoga teacher. I have done over 500 hours of core training in gaining my teacher training diplomas. I studied buddhism from my early 20s find the path of soto zen and in my mid 30s found raja yoga. I have been initiated as a sanyassin (seeker) by Swami Niranjananda in Bihar, India. I have been teaching yoga for 12 years.
My approach to yoga is informed by the classical system of Satyananda yoga and inspired by my own experience of the power of yoga to change my life in a deep and transforming way. My classes involves gentle yoga postures, breathing practices, and yoga nidra, a deep relaxation technique aimed at relaxing both the body and the mind.
I want to make a difference by offering my expertise and services to provide maximum impact within Staffordshire, Shropshire, the West Midlands and beyond. I believe in social progress through individual change and in human potential. I want to give access to powerful therapeutic and transformational programmes to everyone including those who are less privileged, economically, socially or otherwise. I use any profits for this end, often providing free or discounted services and giving back to local charities. I believe that businesses have a responsibility to their local community.
I was previously executive trustee of the International Stress Management Association and co-Sue Lotusfounder of the Coaching Foundation – West Midlands, and membership officer for the Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) (all voluntary roles) and
I have had significant traumas and challenges in my own life, through which I have been able to learn and grow and in working through them, find a great deal of peace, joy and vitality. I have learnt that in working through our problems, we can truly grow and evolve into the best of what we can be.
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Certified Satyananda Yoga Teacher (awaiting certificate)
- NLPtCA Accredited and UKCP registered psychotherapist (reg. No. 2011165086)
- Diploma in Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy (masters level PG training)
- Certified Ericksonian Hypnotherapist
- Advanced Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Accredited therapeutic coach (INLPTA)
- Qualified Yoga and Yoga nidra teacher (BWY Dip), (Yoga Academy/Satyananda accredited)
- Foundation course in Shiatsu and diploma in acupressure (SAC Dip)
- Accredited executive coach (Academy of Executive Coaching)
- Certified trainer of business-focused NLP (ANLP)
- NLP Certificate in Teaching Excellence (Society of NLP)
- MSc and BSc (Hons) – Aston University and University of Aberdeen
- Member of the International Stress Management Association (ISMA)
- Member of the Neuro-linguistic Psychotherapy and Counseling Association (NLPtCA)
We have a light, airy and spacious space with plenty of parking, close to Junction 14 of the M6. Drink and
all materials (yoga mats and props, biofeedback and monitoring devices etc) are all supplied.
Contact Us to Find out More
- Complete our enquiry form
- Call us on 01785 33 69 00
- Email us: email@example.com